Designed in 1953 by Marc Lalique, this sculpture depicts two carps gushing from water in a movement evoking infinity. The satin-finished crystal, emblematic of Lalique, highlights the finely carved scales. René Lalique founded his firm in Paris in 1885, and soon became a celebrated jeweler whose designs contributed significantly to the Art Nouveau movement at the turn of the century. In the 1920s, an order for perfume bottles led him to develop a glass-making technique that would endure as Lalique’s signature characteristics: iced surfaces, elaborate or partially realistic patterns in relief, and occasionally applied or inlaid color. 4"L x 4"H. Made in France.